Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chapter 4: Austen Marathon, here we come!

I've started Jane Austen's Emma this week, and so far, it is much, much, MUCH (...much) different than the French authors. Obviously. Balzac made me puke a little, so Austen is a welcome change. My mother (remember, the English major?) told me not to read the Austen books on my list, but said there were better ones. Well, that wasn't really the point of my list, now was it? I spent a lot of energy and thought in picking up that conveniently located peice of paper at my library, and darn it, I'm gonna read the books on the list. The end. I'm excited for Austen, and maybe, if my eyes haven't fallen out of their sockets by the end of 100 classics (especially if the majority are like Cousin Bette), I will read her very knowledgeably recommended suggestions. Love you, Mommy!

My goal is to post my conclusion to Emma before July. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment