Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chapter 1: Little Women Recap

I finished Little Women yesterday, after about two weeks of reading. I was pretty proud of myself, except for the fact that a 640-page book was in the CHILDREN'S section of my library. Also, that Ms. Alcott included many vocabulary-amplifying words that I could barely pronounce now, let alone when I was what, 10 or 11 years old? Holy. But I digress. I was very happy that I read the brick in such a small amount of time. I enjoyed it, but I did know everything that was going to happen, since I saw the movie. That is the one problem with seeing a movie that is based on a book before reading the book. I highly do not reccommend it.

My favorite character in Little Women is Beth, because of her gentleness and the way everyone acted differently/better when they were around her. When I was growing up, that type of a person was called a "peacemaker", and I remember always thinking that my mother was the peacemaker of our family. Beth was definitely a peacemaker, and my greatest hope is to be like Beth, and also my mother, someday.

Anyway, read Little Women, because it really is good! I probably am the only person in the world who hadn't read it, but still. Read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment